Saturday, May 21, 2016

Eating up the Hill: Rob Jamieson's Liberal constitutional buffet

Last Monday I attended a briefing on amendments to the Liberal Party of Canada constitution at the Farmteam Cookhouse on Sparks Street. The party sprang for a few plates of appetizers, and Liberal carpenter Rob Jamieson strongly insisted I report on the nibbles.



There were a variety of cold appetizers, including veggies, meat and cheese, bread and crackers, and a fruit tray.



Veggies are veggies, they were fine. I enjoyed some fruit, particularly the pineapple. Usually it is cut in chunks, but the thin slices were a nice change. I'm not a big cured meat person, but it went quickly so the constitutionally curious seemed to enjoy it.


I do need to raise concerns, however, about the crackers. I was not a fan. They were not good crackers to pair with cheese. The texture and size were off, leading to a imbalanced cheese to cracker ratio. The cracker should never be the main show -- it is merely the cheese delivery vehicle.


Next time, I'd recommend less cracker, more crunch.


Now, on to Winnipeg. Hoping for pierogies in the Laurier lounge.

Recommend this Post on Progressive Bloggers

No comments: